Components of Spelling Test Online Platform
The Components of Spelling Test Online Platform provides busy teachers a reliable and complete analysis of students’ spelling errors and a detailed class report, designed to assist teachers to plan and deliver differentiated and systematic teaching of spelling. It is available for both the CoST and CoSTEY.
The Components of Spelling Test Online Platform automatically generates a comprehensive error analysis following the completion of the CoST or CoSTEY. A detailed report is then provided for the class or group of students. To access the online test, students are required to log in to the online CoST platform using a unique Student ID. To complete the online test, students may use a web browser on a device connected to the internet such as an laptop or and iPad. As an alternative, the teacher may choose to use the online platform to enter students’ handwritten spelling responses.
Each class accessing an online test is required to have a print manual. Sharing a print manual across classes is not permitted.
Online CoST (Years 3 to 6) Test Platform
$55 per class* test (incl. GST); 70 words
*class size = up to 30 students.
(available only with purchase of the manual)
How to access the Online Spelling Test Platform:
- Order and pay for online tests: Purchase CoST Online Test(s) via this link. Purchase CoSTEY Online Test(s) via this link.
- Use the Excel StudentID Template to compile the class list(s) for your school. Download the template here: Online Spelling Test StudentID Template.xlsx
- Email the completed Student ID Info Template to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be used to generate unique Student IDs for login purposes. Please also specify which test (CoST: 3-6 or CoSTEY: K-2) will be required for each class.
- You will then receive the Student IDs with further instructions for using the online test. An invoice will also be issued at this point.
- Follow the instructions carefully when administering the online CoST and/or COSTEY (CoST Instructions | CoSTEY Instructions)
- When all students have completed the test and when you are ready to receive the analysis report(s), please inform us via email: email@example.com
- Within 1-2 business days, you will receive the analysis reports.
Copyright: Each class accessing an online test is required to have a print manual. Sharing a print manual across classes is not permitted.