This is a four-part course offered during Term 2, 2024. Presented by Dr Tessa Daffern, this course focusses on the teaching of spelling in the primary school years. Participants will explore a wide range of practical and evidence-based strategies for teaching the linguistic components of spelling. Examples of how to differentiate instruction and make connections with other aspects of learning across the curriculum will be shared.
Target audience: primary school teachers and school leaders
Delivery: Online via Zoom (No screenshots, recordings or photographs are permitted)
- Session 1: Wednesday 1st May 2024, 4pm – 5:30pm (AEST)
- Session 2: Wednesday 8th May 2024, 4pm – 5:30pm (AEST)
- Session 3: Wednesday 15th May 2024, 4pm – 5:30pm (AEST)
- Session 4: Wednesday 22nd May 2024, 4pm – 5pm (AEST)
- Individual registration: $440 incl. GST
- School Group registration: $330 per person incl. GST (4 or more participants from one school)
For further information please see the event flyer: How to teach spelling course: Primary years
Note: This workshop is for NSW school-based educators only.
How to teach spelling: Primary years
May 1, 2024
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm